What's new in muCommander 0.9.0 ?
muCommander 0.9.0 was released on August 5, 2012. See ReleaseNotes for a list of all release notes.
- Tabbed browsing support (ticket #185).
- Added support for Xfce desktop environment (ticket #394).
- Text viewer and editor can now display line numbers.
- New quick list for root folders, mapped onto Alt+5 by default (ticket #400).
- Natural file ordering, suggested by 'andraaspar' in the forums. All symbols now come before digits (ticket #282).
- Improved the display of filenames when they are not entirely visible, by removing characters in the middle so that both ends of the filename are visible.
- Current folder is now automatically changed to a workable folder when it is no longer available (ticket #333).
- Upgraded the JmDNS library (used for Bonjour support) to version 3.1.
- Upgraded the jCIFS library (used for SMB support) to version 1.3.14.
- Better RAR archive support (ticket #152).
- Text viewer and editor can now wrap long lines (ticket #101).
- The bookmarks quick list is now displayed unsorted (ticket #416).
- Changed the quick search mechanism in quick lists to match the one used in the folder pane (ticket #171).
- Added an option to change the font size in the text file editor/viewer by pressing Ctrl while rotating the mouse wheel (ticket #409).
- Application state is now persisted on shutdown in a dedicated snapshot.xml file, instead of being stored along with preferences in preferences.xml (see http://trac.mucommander.com/wiki/StatePersistence).
- Changed the color of hidden files to be different from regular files (ticket #262).
- Changed the default keyboard shortcuts of the 'open in both panels', 'open in other panel', 'recall next window' and 'recall previous window' actions, to make room for the new tab-related shortcuts.
- File editor/viewer is now getting the focus when initiated (ticket #92).
- Comic Book Archive files (cbr, cbz, cb7, cbt) are now recognized as archives (#454).
- New: Turkish translation, contributed by Emre Aytaç
- New: Catalan translation, contributed by Jordi Plantalech
- New: Belarusian translation, contributed by vboo.
- New: Norwegian translation, contributed by Ingrid Amundsen.
- Russian translation updated. Update contributed by Alexey Sirotov and Evgeny Morozov.
- Ukrainian translation updated. Update contributed by Oleksandr Kovalchuk.
- Spanish translation updated. Update contributed by Xavi Miró.
- Pack dialog now implements the same filename selection algorithm as other dialogs (ticket #167). - When an invalid destination was entered in a transfer dialog, the spinning dial icon would keep spinning. - Fixed an issue that would occur when creating directories whose extension match that of one of the supported archive formats (see ticket #360). - Fixed a bug that could cause the deletion of S3 files to fail. - Fixed an exception on shutdown (ticket #377). - Fixed an exception when trying to update text files in archives using the internal editor (ticket #408). - File renaming is now cancelled when the filename editor loses focus (#428). - Fixed a deadlock that could prevent the application from shutting down (#431). - Fixed an issue that caused unpacking of 7z archive file to produce corrupted files (ticket #347). - Fixed several bugs related to SMB handling (tickets #351 and #436).
- Some translations may not be up-to-date. Refer to http://trac.mucommander.com/wiki/Translations for more information.
- Windows: Recycle Bin not working on Windows 64-bit with a 64-bit Java runtime (ticket #234). One way to work around this issue is to use a 32-bit Java runtime.
- Mac OS X: "Do you want the application "muCommander.app" to accept incoming network connections?" dialog keeps popping up on startup even if the dialog has been previously accepted (ticket #339). This dialog can be suppressed by disabling 'Bonjour' support in the muCommander preferences.
- Executable permissions on local files are not properly preserved when running a unix-based OS with Java 1.5.
- SMB support may not work properly on non multi-language JRE.
- 'Copy files to clipboard' not working with some applications (files are not pasted).
- Mac OS X: some keyboard shortcuts may conflict with global system shortcuts.
- Authentication issues when using several sets of credentials (login/password) for the same server (see ticket #76).
- Untrusted HTTPS connections are allowed without a warning.
- Windows Vista/7: "java.net.SocketException?: Permission denied: recv failed" error can appear when trying to access FTP sites. This seems to be a Windows firewall problem, with a possible workaround: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7077696
- Unpacking files from 7z archive files can be slow.